- Completed Fear Free Shelters course. 2022
- Animal Communication advanced training. Thea Strom. 2020
- Begin volunteering, Saugerties Animal Shelter, offering Reiki and animal communication to resident animals. 2019-present
- Co-founder, Ulster County Animal Response Team. 2014
- Attained Reiki teacher (Shinpiden) degree, Animal Reiki Source. SARA teacher. Kathleen Prasad. 2012
- Animal Farm Foundation, Reiki volunteer. 2012-2015
- Animal communication class. Penelope Smith. 2011
- Teaching Reiki for animals, UCSPCA. 2011-2020 (on pause during/following pandemic)
- Attained Reiki Teacher (Shinpiden) degree, Komyo Reiki Kai. Hyakuten Inamoto. 2010
- Co-founder, Hudson Valley Community Reiki. 2009-present
- Begin volunteering, Ulster County SPCA, offering Reiki to resident animals. 2007-present
- SPARK volunteer, NYC. 2007-2010
- Attained Reiki Teacher degree, Usui lineage. Nita Renfrew. 2008
- Attained Reiki Master (Okuden) degree, Komyo Reiki Kai. Nita Renfrew. 2008
- Tellington Touch introductory course, NY Open Center. Edie Jane Eaton. 2007
- Attained Reiki First and Second (Shoden, Chuden) degrees, Komyo Reiki Kai. Nita Renfrew. 2006
- Beginning and Advanced Animal Communication workshops. Dawn Hayman. 2006, 2007
WHAT DO CLIENTS SAY?
"Liz’s gentle and open heart created a space of non-judgment — perfect for Reiki teaching.
I am honored and humbled to have had the privilege of learning from her."
"The words that Liz conveyed to us certainly sounded like the individual “voices” of each of our different Afghans, all of whom have their own personality and which Liz could not have known from her brief interaction with them.
Working with Liz helped us to be more sensitive to the nuances of what they were going through. She also taught us some of the basics of animal communication, which has added richness to our daily interactions."
"My cats (and my household) benefited greatly by your kitty communication with them.
There is no more attacking going on. The 2 kitties who were at odds can now sleep next to each other.
I was very impressed how you described each of the cat’s purrsonalities without ever meeting them."
"There were too many times that specific information was offered that no one outside our tight family circle could know. We became believers. If possible, the opportunity to hear from them has made my wife and I much more sensitive to our dogs, and we have all become closer for it. I talk to the dogs much more, and feel there is understanding on their part. Your capabilities have added greatly to the enjoyment of sharing our lives with our dogs."
"It was an amazing feeling to connect directly with my cats through Liz. Liz is also a sensitive and gifted Reiki practitioner. Between communication sessions and Reiki sessions, Merlin’s condition has actually improved. It has been amazing to witness this transformation from when he was first diagnosed to now. I know that my time with Merlin is limited but it brings me such comfort to know that Liz has been and will continue to help me through this process. And when it comes time for Merlin to move on, I know that Liz will be there for me and my other cats. Thank you!"
"Liz turned what could have been a truly devastating experience into one of understanding and comfort because of the communication she had with Sweetie. For me, Liz was the light at the end of the dark tunnel that I needed during my time of despair, knowing I had to end the life of the furry friend I loved with all my heart and still do."
"Being her human caretaker, I questioned things as time drew near for Sophia’s final days with me. Liz was a compassionate, loving connection for Sophia to communicate her love, and convey that her life was complete because she was totally loved by her Mom. Thank you, Liz!"
Liz was able to connect with my foster, Pinky, and find out that she was fighting because she was so happy to be in my home. I got her through her temporary illness and she is fully enjoying her remaining days with us.
Liz also helped my mother with her newly adopted kitty who wouldn’t use the litterbox. With the information Liz got from Noel we learned what we could do to make her more at ease in her new home and also get her on meds for generalized anxiety she had her whole life.
The most important to me was connecting to my soulmate and best friend of 12 years, Riley. He was eager to connect with me and put me at ease about his passing. He confirmed we had been together in a past life and had unfinished business, but he was ready to leave when he did and had happily cast aside his broken body. We were even able to share inside jokes through Liz (I filled her in later).
Connecting with Riley through Liz has been my only comfort since his loss. Recounting his messages helps get me through each day without him. I know we will be using Liz's skills again in the future and we are thankful for her ability to help us, help our pets, as well as the comfort provided to us through connecting with our Riley.
Liz Wassell often stops in to the Saugerties Animal Shelter to help ease the pets' stress and anxiety. When she arrives the dogs get excited and happy to see her and before you know it they are calm and just enjoy her presence. The shelter becomes amazingly quiet and you can feel how relaxed the animals are. We have had others come in to perform Reiki but none seem to reach the animals the way that Liz does.
Shelter Manager, Saugerties Animal Shelter